2020 Chongqing Municipal Government Mayor Scholarship at CQUPT
（For Undergraduate and Graduate Students）
In order to encourage more outstanding international students to pursue a higher education in Chongqing, Chongqing Municipal Government launches the Chongqing Municipal Government Mayor Scholarship.
1. University Name: Chongqing University of Posts and Telecommunications
2. Supporting Categories and Duration:
1). Supporting Category. This scholarship only supports undergraduate and graduate students.
2). Duration. This scholarship only supports master students for no more than 3 academic years or undergraduate students and doctoral students for no more than 4 academic years. It only covers major study, does not include the Chinese Language/preparatory study.
3. Scholarship Standard
Doctoral students: 35,000RMB/year
Master students: 30,000RMB/year
Bachelor Students: 25,000RMB/year
Students need to attend the Annual Review, the university could suspend or cancel all of your scholarship if you fail to pass the annual review. Students could use the Scholarship to offset the tuition fee and accommodation fee.
4. When to Apply
November 15th , 2019 to May 15th , 2020
1）. Applicants must be a citizen of a country other than the People’s Republic of China, and be in good health
2）. The requirements for applicants’ degree and age are that applicants must:
be a high school graduates under the age of 25 when apply for the undergraduate programs;
be a bachelor’s degree holder under the age of 35 when applying for the master programs;
be a master’s degree holder under the age of 40 when applying for the doctoral programs.
3) . Applicants should not be holding any other scholarship provided by Chinese government.
6. Application Procedure and Application Documents
1. Step 1:Complete the online application procedure at CQUPT International Student Service System: https://cqupt.17gz.org. Please choose your program: self –Sponsored programs, and submit online the completed Application Form for Foreign Students to CQUPT and print a hard copy.
2. Step2: Complete theApplication Form for Chongqing Municipal Government Scholarship (Attachment 1) and print a hard copy.
3. Step3: Email the following required documents to firstname.lastname@example.org before May 15th, 2020 and name the email title as “Chongqing Scholarship+Passport Name+Nationality+Application subject”. You do not need to mail any hard copy documents to us.
1). Application Form for Chongqing Municipal Government Scholarship（written in Chinese or English）;
2). Application Form for Foreign students to CQUPT
3).Notarized highest diploma;
Prospective diploma recipients must submit official document issued by your current school to prove your current student status or expected graduation date. Documents in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with notarized Chinese or English translations.
4). Academic transcripts （written in Chinese or English）;
Transcripts in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with notarized Chinese or English translations.
5). A Study Plan or Research Proposal （written in Chinese or English）;
6). Two Recommendation Letters signed by a professor or an associate professor.
（written in Chinese or English）(only required for graduates subjects applicants);
7). Copy of valid Passport Home Page (validity of passport should be at least until March 30th , 2021);
8). The record of studies or worked in China if you ever worked or studies in China
9). Foreigner Physical Examination Form （photocopy） （written in English, can be downloaded in the attachment 2）;
The physical examinations must cover all of the items listed in the Foreigner Physical Examination Form. Incomplete forms or forms without the signature of the attending physician, or the official stamp of the hospital, or a sealed photograph of the applicant are considered as invalid. Please carefully plan your physical examination schedule as the result is valid for only 6 months.
10). Non-criminal record
11) . A copy of valid HSK or English result certificate (if available)
12). Other documents, such as Papers or Articles Published or to be Published (if available）.
Ø Whether accepted or not, the document will not be returned.
Ø We will contact with you by email after we received your application documents. Please ensure that an accurate phone number, email address and mailing address (including postcode, city name) are provided.
Ø In addition to the above application document, the university has the right to require the applicant to provide other materials if it is necessary.
1. The Scholarship will not be reserved if the recipient cannot register in CQUPT before the registration deadline (The registration time will be notified on the admission notice).
2. The Scholarship recipients shall not change their host university, field of study or duration of study unless they give up the scholarship.
3. The Scholarship qualification will be reviewed annually.
Website： http://www.800jian.com/ http://gjc.cqupt.800jian.com
Address: International office, Chongqing University of Posts and Telecommunications, No2. Chongwen Road, Nan’an district, Chongqing, China, 400065